As you begin your search for new employment, the state’s NCWorks system has many resources available to help you.
Check out NCWorks Online, a one-stop online resource for job seekers in North Carolina. You can apply for jobs, get resume building assistance, access training opportunities and see how well your skill set aligns with the skills required by potential employers. NCWorks Online is a great source to help you satisfy your Work Search Responsibilities.
You can also call or visit your local NCWorks Career Center to help you find or prepare for a new career through education and training.
Your local Career Center can provide the following tools:
- Access to training programs in your area
- Referrals to jobs based on your skill set and qualifications
- Opportunities to participate in on-the-job learning
- Tips on writing resumes and cover letters
- Computer and internet access
- Interview preparation
- Access to job fairs and workshops
- Specialized services for veterans, persons with criminal records, youth and more
If you are a North Carolina resident and receiving unemployment insurance benefits, you may be scheduled for an in-person meeting at your local Career Center. This meeting includes personalized reemployment plans based on educational qualifications, skills and experience.